It is pleasure to express my thanks to the Almighty Allah for giving me the opportunity to serve as the President of our beloved Institute.
I am also expressing my heartfelt thanks to all our members for choosing me as the President to reach and lead the Institute to a greater height to accomplish all our desired goals. I have been trying to render my best effort to perform all of my responsibilities to the greatest of my abilities, and I hope that I will have all of your support with me along the way Inn Shaa Allah.
From the very beginning, I have been focused to achieve our common agenda – development of the CMA profession. It must not be forgotten to implement all of our election manifestoes. But we all know the whole world has been passing a crucial time due to the world-wide ongoing pandemic – Covid 19. It has been started from the beginning of last year and prolonged till date with devastating destruction in a manifold. Every single entity has been facing its impact in various ways through all over the world. We are not sequestered from it. Our mission for achieving the excellence has been hindered surely, but it has not derailed. We have to continue our journey to the excellence until our achievement. I look forward to working with all members of the Institute to ensure development, transparency and accountability. As our continuous effort, and of course with your untiring support and cooperation, we have done a good number of works during this ongoing pandemic few of them are as below:
In National Level
- Pre-Budget Discussion Held
Institute holds a Pre-Budget-Discussion on National Budget 2021-2022- on May 20, 2021. Dr. Mashiur Rahman, Economic Affairs Adviser to the Prime Minister, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh was Chief Guest. Dr. Atiur Rahman, Bangabandhu Chair Professor, University of Dhaka & Former Governor, Bangladesh Bank, H.E. Mr. Mosharraf Hossain Bhuiyan ndc, Ambassador of Bangladesh in Germany and Former Chairman of NBR, Mr. Md Farid Uddin, Former Member, Customs and VAT, National Board of Revenue (NBR) and Professor Dr. Mustafizur Rahman, Distinguished Fellow, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) joined the Webinar as honourable Discussants. Mr. Ranjan Kumar Bhowmic FCMA, Retd. Member (Tax Survey & Inspection), National Board of Revenue (NBR) and Kazi Muhammad Ziauddin FCMA, Additional Commissioner of Customs, National Board of Revenue (NBR) made a presentation on the salient features of the National Budget. A good number of participants had participated in this virtual event.
- Book giving Ceremony
A Book giving ceremony was held on 05th June 2021 at ICMAB. The book named “Income Tax Manual (Part –1 & 2) was authored by Mr. Lal Bahadur Adhikary. The author himself handed over the books to the Institute through the President of ICMAB in a ceremonial manner. Council Members, Consultants, and high officials of the Institute were also present at the ceremony.
- ICMAB holds Press Conference on National Budget 2021-2022
A Press Conference on “National Budget 2021-2022” holds by the ICMAB on June 06, 2021. The program was moderated by the Vice-President of ICMAB, Mr. Md. Mamunur Rashid FCMA. A detailed Paper on the National Budget 2021-2022 was presented by a Fellow Member of ICMAB Mr. Md. Shafiqul Alam FCMA FCA.
- Met with new Commerce Secretary
A delegation called on Mr. Tapan Kanti Ghosh, Secretary, Ministry of Commerce in his office on June 08, 2021. ICMAB President updated the Secretary about the overall affairs of the Institute and particularly about the development issues of CMA profession. He also sought the help of the Secretary for further development of ICMAB and the Secretary assured him to provide all out support and assistance to ICMAB.
- 39 newly qualified CMAs get a grand reception at ICMAB
The Council of The Institute accorded an open hall reception to the students who successfully passed CMA December 2020 final examination. The program was held on June 17, 2021 at ICMAB Ruhul Quddus Auditorium. Honorable Commerce Secretary of GoB Mr. Tapan Kanti Ghosh attended the programme as Chief Guest while President of South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) and Past President of ICMAB Mr. A. K. M. Delwer Hussain FCMA was present as special guest.
In International level
- International Women’s Day Observed:
On March 08, 2021 ICMAB Celebrates International Women’s Day 2021-Ms. Zuena Aziz Principal Coordinator (SDGs), Prime Minister’s Office, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh present as Chief Guest while Mst. Asia Khatoon, Secretary, Bangladesh Public Service Commission and Mr. A. K. M. Delwer Hussain FCMA, President, SAFA remained present as Special Guest.
- International SME day Observed:
In observance of International SME day ICMAB organized an International Webinar on “Covid-19 impact on the SMEs and SMPs: The Bangladesh Perspective” on June 27, 2021. Mr. M A Mannan MP, Hon’ble Minister, Ministry of Planning, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh graced the occasion as the Chief Guest while President of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) Mr. Alan Johnson and President of South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) and Past President of ICMAB Mr. A. K. M. Delwer Hussain FCMA were present as special guests. CA, Satish Kumar Gupta, Chairman, Small & Medium Practices Committee, SAFA; CA, Sanjeev Singhal, Chairman, Committee for Members in Practice, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) joined the webinar as Speakers.
In Educational Arena
- ICMAB has introduced a new Syllabus. Present Council had a vision as well as election manifesto to implement the new Syllabus. The new syllabus has been already implemented from July-December, 2021 session.
- New Brochure for the students is at the final stage. The illustrated brochure will enrich the Institute’s branding and image as well as help promote the profession in the professional fields.
- 3 highly professional faculty members have been recruited for the betterment of the Institute and our students. We believe these faculty member’s professional guidance assuredly help our students. It was also our election manifesto which certainly improve our education department.
- Introducing Learning Management System (LMS)
COVID-19 suddenly stopped the whole world and specially the education activities in Bangladesh stand at a pause since March 2020 and all the academic & professional institutes are struggling to cope up with this crisis .
Most of the educational institutes or universities across the globe are largely using a Learning Management System (LMS) and it was a long-cherished desire of ICMAB to enable students with distance learning by implementing LMS (Learning Management system) to transforming the education system of the Institute from an Institute based education system to a student-centered personalized education system. After a long process, ICMAB signed an agreement with D2L (Canada), a leading LMS service provider and planned to go on live shortly. ICMAB will be the first professional institute in the country to introduce complete digital education system.
CMA Space, the digital platform of ICMAB will bring all the remote potential students of Bangladesh as well as students across the world under its net and which will enhance the revenue substantially in the long run. The platform can also serve two more groups other than students i.e., 1) our members through knowledge sharing programs (like CPD, soft skill development) and 2) external corporate & Government executives through offering short diploma/competency development courses.
In the Examination Arena
- CMA December 2020 Examination was held. A good number of students appeared in the examination among them 39 students were finally qualified.
- CMA June 2021 Examination is scheduled to be held from August 16, 2021. We are keen to keep our students on right track by taking these examinations which clearly showing our positive intention for the profession.
In Professional Arena
- A “Standard Format of Cost Audit Report” is at the final stage. it is now at the phase of the approval of the Council of the Institute. Our members will get the standard format very soon.
- Bangladesh Cost Accounting Standard (BCAS) is in the process of review. All 31 standards will be provided to our members for their comments and review. We could establish a better standard of BCAS after getting opinions from our members which would bring more efficiency in our profession and it will be more effective in our professional field.
Dear member, though we are in a battle with the unprecedented situation running over the globe but we are in the right track and certainly, we will overcome the battle with the guidance, direction, assistance of the Council and members of the Institute.